It is very common problem among males of all ages. Every man suffered from hair loss which can start as early as teenage and can continue even after 70’s. It tends torun in families that due to genetic factors along with many other factors, but the exact mechanism is not fully understood. It is more common if hair loss is on maternal side.
Hair loss is linked to hormonal changes that happen in men and is typically associated with male type pattern of baldness with thinning of hair or receding hairline along with the thinning of hair on crown of the head. This is most common pattern and generally not associated with any medical condition.
There are several other causes of hair loss.
- Poor dietary intake causing deficiencies of iron,protein, and other essential vitamins
- Anemia and the blood disorders/leukemia.
- Thyroid disorders can cause
- Diabetic men are more prone to hair loss
- Serios skin diseases like lupus, eczema, leprosy, and fungal infections can be associated with hair loss
- Few drugs used primarily used for treatment of heart conditions.
- Arthritis medication can also cause hair loss or make it worse.
- Prolonged medical illness can cause or make hair loss worse
- Strong emotional trauma or major surgery can cause the hair loss.
- Alopecia areata is a condition of patchy hair loss due to immune system dysfunction.
- Trichotillomania is a psychological condition in which patients pull their own here and usually happen in 1 to 20 percent of teenag
If you are worried about hair loss and would like to rule out underlying disease, you can contact Dr Kazi Mubasher who is a hair transplant and aesthetic surgeons. We can perform hair transplant in our polyclinic.
Dr Kazi Mubasher
MBBS (King Edward Medical College)
Fellow College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan (FCPS)
Hair transplant Certification from American Academy of Aesthetics
Member of European Board of Hair Restoration
Member International Society of Hair Restoration.
Consultant Hair Transplant and General Surgeon